Amanda: senior 2012 || dallas, tx portrait & wedding photographer

Thursday, March 29, 2012


She's one of the funnest people I have ever met.  Yes, "funnest." Her older sister Whitney has been one of my best friends for about 4 years now, and about one year after meeting Whit I met her younger sister Amanda who I'd already heard so much (craziness) about.  Amanda became good friends with my sister Rachel and then somewhere along the way all four of us became this blob of "best friend-ness."  Amanda and I get asked all the time if we're sisters because of our "matching hair" which is amusing because she's about a foot taller than me.  She likes to tell me that my hair looks like hers, to which I always reply that actually hers looks like mine, because mine came first :)

Everything with Amanda is an adventure.  Literally everyyythiiing.  She will do pretty much anything as long as it's fun and will make people laugh, and can turn routine life into hilarious laugh-so-hard-your-belly-hurts kinds of memories.

We actually we're supposed to take her senior pictures last fall and the night before I was scheduled to head out to E. Texas for the shoot she was admitted to the hospital with severe stomach pain.  That set off a series of hospital stays and endless doctor visits over the next few months.  She had to give up basketball (which she looooves) her senior year because of her health and yet through it all hasn't lost her happy-go-lucky-ness and complete trust that God knows what He's doing and that He only gives good gifts.  She's a dear one.

p.s. she gets told all the time (because of her height and hair) that she looks like Taylor Swift, so I just had to include one of the pictures where she's doing her T-swift hair toss... ;)
















Much Love.
Jessica Shae
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I love the location, and that last shot is perfection itself. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Where are these taken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... those are beautiful. :) I'm getting mine done soon -- thanks for the inspiration. <3 You have such a gift.

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous location, girl, and photos! I adore her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Yes, her hair is a lot like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all lovely :D i really adore the super close up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her hair. It's gorgeous :) Beautiful photos, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous! I lovelove senior pictures in the spring...everything is so green and fresh. the b+w image towards the top is stunning. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love all the locations you shot at. Love that top B&W image, where her curls make bokeh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are beautiful, jessica! and my goodness -- LOVE that first b&w one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is beautiful and your skills are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I honestly don't know if anyone could meet Amanda and not love her! She is so wonderful. <3

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey!
Thanks for taking the time to say hello, it makes my day everytime! :)

Jessica Shae